Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rest in Peace

Three days after my last post my grandfather died. He was a very important man in my life, and I loved him so much. By dying early Christmas morning, he made Christmas unforgettable and brought my family closer than it already was.


The next week was a busy one. The first few days were full of my mom making funeral arrangements. For future notice, pre-pay for someone's funeral along with picking out the casket and all the other things that go along with wakes and funerals, it makes things a lot easier. I wrote the eulogy the day after he died, and read it at the funeral mass 3 days later. The days before that were long and drawn out.

My grandfather was sick for a long time, he had heart failure, so he was suffering. The nurses told us that as we go through his suffering and sickness, we are also grieving. This is the reason why I wasn't as sad as I should have been. Him passing was a relief, and he's now in a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment