Friday, January 21, 2011

An Interesting Study



This is an article that I found very intriguing. I wanted to share it and just have my thoughts out there.

I find that this article is stating the obvious... it may be because I'm a college student... or because I'm not normal... but I think that either way, sex, money, and friends are all types of rewards. People crave those rewards when they want to feel better. But then they realize that these rewards aren't truly what they're seeking. As the article said, self-esteem boosts are what college kids want.

In a world where in most colleges and universities there are so many students it's hard to get recognition, it's hard to see why the people in this article are so surprised! Everyone strives for perfection or at least to be good at something. It's hard to get recognition in the academic world so people turn to other things ie, sex money friends for that pick me up. But in the end, it still bothers students that they're not getting recognition for the things that they put the most effort in. In turn, if they don't get recognition of the effort, their energy turns to other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment