Tuesday, September 20, 2011

realization about the internet

I'm crying right now. Tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of hope, tears of realization.

What caused me to cry?

An add. Yep, a simple add, by Google, on a lyrics site.



This add... below... made me realize, much more than I had before, the power that the internet has to do good in this world. Many times we're bombarded with negative things about the internet like, it keeps our children inside, it allows people to share negative things... We hear it all the time... or at least I seem to.

Touching google add...

For a while I thought that the internet was the greatest thing on the planet. It was the greatest thing ever invented. For a while I hated it. I hated everything about it, the connectivity, the constant use... the bullying. Right now, I made that connection to the good things that I've heard about the internet.

My views about the world are ever changing, as should most everyone's. My view about the internet just changed drastically. I now see the good that the internet can bring. I'm not sure if the add that Google did was real... or if the people in it were actors... but it got a message across that touched me.

and I just had to share it. : )

Remember, the world is only as good as we make it. Be the change you want to see. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. Spread words of peace, love, and most of all, wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment