Monday, April 11, 2011

great weekend- with lots of lessons

This weekend was a pretty awesome weekend for me... It started of with a walk and talk, then lead into a couple of days full of fun, a few new friends, and a spark in the dark.


It was full of college kids doing what they do best.... drinking and being hilarious... but somehow it reminded me that life is a never ending journey of learning... and somehow, I broke out of my shell this weekend and moved towards becoming that person that I want to be!

Meeting new people has always been a hardship of mine, it simply just makes me nervous. Apparently that's called social anxiety. It's mild, but alas, it still is anxiety. But this weekend I allowed myself to be open and comfortable with people that I just met, and people that I've known for a little bit.

Sometimes you really just need to make that spontaneous decision, and do something that's completely opposite of what you planned on doing. Sometimes these decisions lead to good (like this weekend) and sometimes they lead to bad stuff... but honestly, being optimistic and learning from your mistakes is one of the best ways of moving forward!

For years I've had issues, just like everyone else, and I've heard the usual "You just have to get more confidence, you just need to do this... or that"... and I've never heard how. And guess what, this weekend, I figured a lot of stuff out. You just have to do it. Just go out there, with a smile on your face, and have fun. Don't let your anxiety, fears, or nerves get between you and a new, fun situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment