Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tattoo Appointment!

Well, I did it, I got an appointment to get my new tattoo. I walked into the Green Man Studio on Saturday, and I got to talk with the artist that is going to do my tattoo. His name is Pat B., and he's the newest addition to the Green Man's crew. (website: The Green Man Studio) He's been tattooing for about 11 years and had his own shop down south before this.


It was kind of a nervous day for me. I'm still nervous and excited at the same time! I basically walked in, and he was there, tattooing another customer. I felt bad interrupting her session, but she didn't seem to mind. I asked him if he would be interested in doing my feather idea, and he said absolutely. He also mentioned it could take a couple sessions... AHH! After that, I made my appointment for... MARCH 8... NEXT WEEK WOAH!

Alas, here I am, researching, researching, researching, and making sure that my feathers are what I want. I'm nervous, my anxiety comes and goes, but the more I research the better I feel. Just to make myself feel better... and to have it in writing... below is some personal stuff about this tattoo I plan on getting

What this tattoo means to me:

  • Feathers
    • Freedom
    • Flight
    • A connection to the air element
    • My personal, and primal connection to birds, especially larger ones
    • Independence 
    • Nature
  • The difference in the feathers
    • Family
    • Each feather symbolizes a different person from my family

Honestly, I'm probably more nervous than I should be. But I guess that's ok. Although this idea floated out of nowhere... and came up quick... it still evolved from a tattoo idea I've had since before Christmas. It makes me feel better knowing that this isn't just like a weeks worth of thinking and then BAM! tattoo.

Now all that's left is to see what Pat comes up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment