Monday, June 20, 2011

when did i turn into an adult?!

It's an early day for me... I was at the office at 8AM... and then I had to drive to my other office... for 10AM... needless to say, I've had a lot of time to think about life...

As I was driving along, a thought came to me... A year ago I would still be sleeping right now, I wouldn't be stressed out about projects, I wouldn't be worrying about deadlines, especially because it's the summer... and then... out of nowhere... I laughed, and I asked myself... Since when did I grow up?!

I guess at some point people really do grow up whether they like it or not. I should clarify my meaning of "grow up"... To me, growing up means taking responsibility for your actions (school, work, life in general), being able to look at things with an open mind, realizing that everything (gas, food, electricity, and fun) has a price that needs to be paid, finding a way to pay for those things, and (I'm laughing as I'm typing this last one) realizing the world does not revolve around you. (OMG IT DOESN'T?!)

Now, once again, I'm asking myself, Since when did I grow up?! It couldn't have been just last night... I was on too much benadryl last night (I had an allergic reaction to a bug bite on my pinky finger and it looked like a sausage), I couldn't have simply grown up in the last few days... right?

I guess growing up takes a little bit... and it doesn't just happen over night... or within a few days. I can definitely say I haven't grown up as much as I can... but I can say I'm well on my way. But that doesn't mean I'm going to grow up all the way... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment